As one of the most well-curated lifestyle retailers in the U.S., Urban Outfitters offers a unique combination of products for men and women. And when we say unique, we mean it. The company not only creates new clothing from recycled materials, but it also remakes old garments, giving them a completely new, fresh look. One piece at a time. The creativity involved is unquestionable, but what do the customers say? Is the brand worth your money? In this article, we will look at the Urban Outfitters review, dive deep into the brand’s history and values, and build our unbiased review.
If you’re wondering if Urban Outfitters meets your expectations, keep reading to discover more about the company’s mission, goods, customer service, and, most importantly, customer reviews.
About Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters’ history dates back to 1970, when the company was founded across the street from the University of Pennsylvania.
The original idea was to create an inspiring center for like-minded college-age individuals and give a unique retail experience that combined creativity, and cultural understanding.
As the popularity of Urban Outfitters has grown, so did their selection of products. The company soon expanded into a small department store welcoming a greater community with restaurants, music, and common spaces.
Besides the well-known Urban Outfitters clothes, the company offers men’s and women’s shoes, accessories, home, lifestyle, and beauty products. But what makes Urban Outfitters truly unique is the company’s mission of “making old new again”.
They have an entire team collecting vintage pieces and old materials from all over the world. These sustainably sourced garments are then repurposed, reinvented, and sold as renewed, unique pieces.
- An extensive selection of fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and home products, all in one place
- Reasonable, affordable prices at each product category
- Transparency in the review section, previous buyers are encouraged to submit reviews and upload photos of the purchased items
- Reinvented, repurposed old garments
- Multiple options to reach customer service
- Accepts returns and exchanges
- Orders may experience delays
- The company has got a bad media reputation due to the lack of transparency in terms of ethical production and labor policy
- Slow refund process
Urban Outfitters Clothes Review
One of the best ways to see if a company is worth your money and trust is to see what products they sell.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at Urban Outfitters clothes, home, lifestyle, and beauty assortments!
Urban Outfitters Dresses Review
Looking at the selection of Urban Outfitters dresses, the very first impression is that no matter what type of dress you are looking for, you have pretty good chances to find something you like.
At Urban Outfitters, you can find a broad range of casual floral dresses and sporty polo dresses. But if you want to create a more elegant outfit for a special occasion, there are plenty of little black dresses and other party wear options to choose from.
In terms of the categories, the brand differentiates four categories. Casual Dresses, Going Out + Party Dresses, Mini Dresses, and Maxi + Midi Dresses.
On the website, you have the option to filter the products by their style, neckline, sleeve, material, color, size, price, and brand. This way, you can see which garments are manufactured from recycled materials and get a preview of the Vintage line.
Now let’s take a look at the prices. The cheapest item is a 100% viscose mini dress that costs $45, while the most expensive dress is $359.
Men’s Graphic Tees
We cannot consider our review complete without discussing one of the most popular and best-selling items, the men’s graphic tees. The brand offers an extensive selection of stylish and comfortable tees in various designs. These pieces are more on the casual and sporty side, so if you are looking to refresh your wardrobe with such pieces, you might want to take a look. Similar to the Urban Outfitters dresses, tees are organized in different categories, such as Music, Pop Culture, Brands + Logos, Art + Design, and Sports.
A popular filter is Graphic Genre which allows you to filter the tees by subcategories such as Movies + TV Shows or Anime + Manga. The prices of short-sleeved tees vary from $29 to $169. The cheapest long-sleeved tee will cost you $34, while the price of the most expensive hoodie sweatshirt that is currently available is $710.
Urban Outfitters Home Review
Now let’s shift the focus from clothes to the company’s second most extensive product line, the Urban Outfitters home assortments.
Scrolling through this section you can find furniture for any room in your home, shop for beddings, home decor, and many more stylish accessories such as mirrors or wall art.
Urban Outfitters Rugs
A gorgeous rug is the best addition to turn your place into a home, especially if you can find one that reflects your style and personality. The Urban Outfitters rugs are versatile and available in various colors, patterns, sizes, and materials. So no matter if you prefer Boho, Modern, Novelty, Persian, or Moroccan style rugs, chances are, you will find one that matches your taste.
Looking at the rug types available, the company offers indoor and outdoor area rugs, bath mats, doormats, and shaped rugs, too. Regarding the pattern, you can find textured, printed, solid and novelty rugs in a broad range of colors. The Urban Outfitters rugs come in 10 different sizes: 2X3, 2X8 Runner, 2.5X8 Runner, 3X5, 4X6, 5X7, 5X8, 6X9, 8X10, and 9X12. The prices seem reasonable, with the cheapest woven rug ranging between $24-$229.
The price of the most expensive rug starts at $59 and goes up to $1,239. Needless to say, the bigger the size, the higher the price goes up. But are Urban Outfitters rugs worth it? Well, nothing speaks better than the feedback of previous customers. So we jumped right into the comment section to see what people have to say.
Based on the Urban Outfitters reviews, people are generally satisfied with the rugs. They are happy with the quality of the materials and say that the colors are as pictured on the website.
So we believe that it is safe to say that purchasing a rug from Urban Outfitters is something worth doing, especially if you are into vibrant colors and vintage vibes.
Urban Outfitters Lifestyle Review
If you want to surprise someone with a special gift or you are simply looking for some creative addition to your home, take a look at the Urban Outfitters lifestyle product.
As you start scrolling, you have the impression of being in a gift shop with all sorts of options designed for all sorts of people. You can shop for cute lamps, retro books, colorful phone cases, vinyl phonographs, tech gadgets, and a lot of other everyday stuff.
On the Urban Outfitters website, there are 9 different product categories you can browse. There is truly an extensive selection of products, so it is worth taking a closer look:
- Music: Under this category, you will find CDs, cassettes, vinyl, and record players
- Electronics + Accessories: A broad range of lifestyle products including phone cases, Bluetooth speakers, home diffusers, and many more
- Books: A selection of classics, bestsellers, and coloring books
- Desk Supplies: Creative and colorful everyday items you need around your desk
- Fun + Games: Card games, board games, skateboards, etc.
- Health + Wellness: Under this category, you can find complete toothbrush sets, hair supplements, period underwear, even microwavable slippers
- Fitness + Outdoors: If you are looking for colorful basketball or stylish roller skates. This is the category you should check out
- Smoke Shop: Here you can find ashtrays, grinders, incense holders, and electric lighters
- Pets: Last, but not least, the Pets category has some cute accessories you can surprise your pets with
Where to Buy Urban Outfitters
If you want to buy Urban Outfitters, the company has almost 300 physical stores across the United States, Canada, and Europe. To find the closest store to your home, go to the Urban Outfitters website and check their store locations page. The page has a list of all stores worldwide. And also a store locator that allows you to search for nearby stores.
At the time of writing this review, Urban Outfitter Brand has a total number of 264 stores in the following countries:
- United States
- European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden,
- United Kingdom
Needless to say, if you don’t live in one of the countries above or you simply prefer online shopping. You can easily place an order on the Urban Outfitters website.
Urban Outfitters Shipping and Return Policy Review
Our review cannot be complete without discussing the shipping and return policy of the brand. To give you accurate information, we looked at the company’s website and Urban Outfitters shipping reviews from previous customers.
The brand offers both national and international shipping at different rates. For U.S. shipping, you can choose for 4 different types of shipping options:
- Standard: If you choose this shipping type, your order will arrive in 5-8 business days. It costs $4.95 for orders up to $49.99. For $50 orders and above the company offers free standard shipping.
- Express: Express shipping is $14.95, and your order will arrive in 2-3 business days.
- Rush: For $21.95 you can opt for rush shipping that allows you to receive your order in 1-2 business days.
- Truck: Your order will arrive within 2-4 weeks once it is shipped from the warehouse. The cost of truck shipping varies.
In terms of international shipping, Urban Outfitters ships to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and all other countries in the world.
Urban Outfitters Return Policy
Looking at the Brand’s return policy, the process seems really straightforward and practical. You can return or exchange almost every product within 30 days from the day of purchase or delivery.
- Online order: If you want to return or exchange an online order, you can do it easily by sending back your order by mail or returning it to a store.
- In-store purchase: To return your in-store purchase, you are asked to take the purchased items to a nearby store.
- Furniture: You can return your Urban Outfitters furniture within 30 days from the date of delivery.
In case of any defect, you are allowed to return your purchase within 1 year from the date of the purchase.
To return furniture that was delivered by truck, you are instructed to contact the company at [email protected] or call (800) 732-2306 from 8 am to 10 pm EST Monday through Friday, or 8 am – 5 pm EST Saturday to schedule a return pick-up date and time.
Once your return is processed, you will receive a full refund.
Urban Outfitters Promotions & Discounts
If you are looking for an Urban Outfitters coupon, we’ve got quite good news for you. The company’s website has a dedicated page for this, listing an impressive selection of promotional prices and special discounts.
You will find here free shipping deals, 10% off discounts, freebies, and many more. We advise you to checkout our coupons page because chances are you might find an Urban Outfitters code that is not listed on the official website.
You can also purchase an Urban Outfitters gift card on the website or at any of the physical stores.